Indian/ franco morini help

Albert glass /

I cant breath life back into this bike for anything.

Timing is correct, clean fuel system, good spark, compression is 80-90psi (is it enough)?.

20190307_151551.jpg

Re: Indian/ franco morini help

Is spark plug wet after you choke it while cranking?

that lil bike is awesome! that does sound too low for compression. also hunt for air leaks

kevin Smellaflange /

i had 1 of these in roswell NM...

i never heard it run though.

Dirty30 Dillon /

80-90 psi is bad

Are you holding the throttle open while doing compression check?

It'll run on 80-90 psi. Older Honda Expresses only came out with about 100 psi or less.(edited)

Albert glass /

I have gone as far as adding a sprits of starting fluid into cylinder directly then installed spark plug. And still nothing.

a rare occasion, but i'd have to agree with don here, 80's low but oughtta still run.

Take the topend off. is it low compression because something's genuinely shitted up? maybe.

Have you tried with starter fluid? That's usually a good instant tell if it's fuel system related. let it dry and carb off try'n crank it on some starter fluid?

Swap out for a new plug and boot, one or the other may be bad and causing the current to ground out to the cylinder head before it reaches the electrode, which would prevent spark from jumping the gap while its screwed into the hole.

Albert glass /

Swapped out the boot and bang it popped right off. Thanks guys.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account