Re: Motrons with two sizes of fork tubes?

Born to be WillD /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I've definitely had same model bikes from different years that have different forks. I've got 2 garelli SSXL's that we tried to swap fork tubes between them and they were just totally different design of forks! there were a lot of year to year variations and model to model just from cost cutting perspectives. I usually rely on measuring the headtube and finding fitting replacements for the whole fork set. for example on the garelli I just mentioned we used the good set of forks and tubes on the good bike, replaced the other ones with a set of decent forks from a Tomos.

You can usually find close-enough replacements from other mopeds or small dirtbikes and motorcycles, or new replacement upgrades like EBR's. Just measure head tube length and diameter and you're set, sometimes requires swapping hardware like cups cones and bearings around but that's pretty easy, especially if you've worked with forks - even on bicycles - before.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account