A-3 no spark unless points are set less then spec.

Robert Timmons /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

As the title says I will have spark at a point gap of around .015-.025mm but from what I’ve read the spec is .035-.045mm. At first I was just finding TDC with a screwdriver in spark plug hole but since I wasn’t getting good results I bought a piston stop and did it that way. I’m assuming the rotor is 360mm? I’m mechanically inclined but this a3 is just stumping me.

The diagram seems to show the blue wire grounded via tail light so I just stuck it to the engine for now since the owner previously cut all the wires. Is that resistor in tail light crucial for the ignition?

My next step is to get new points as they look wore sideways on the lower contact pad. They are obviously cleaned enough cause I get spark at a lower gap.

Im new to the tomos mopeds so if I left any important info out let me know. I guess my question is where would you go from here?

Pictures for reference.

image.jpg
B53966D9-67EE-40AE-8557-247C807F4DDC.jpeg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account