Front axle thread previously unknown to man??

Ryan Wildman /

Hey moped friends

I gave my left nut at some point. By which I mean the one on my front axle.

I LITERALLY CANNOT FIND A NUT, METRIC OR STANDARD, THAT FITS THIS AXLE.

I have tried everything. I have cleaned the threads. I have ordered a mythical 11mm nut off the internet. NOTHING FITS??

I have an A55 Tomos that began life probably as a Sprint or LX, it is uncertain. The axle is 12mm.

Any sage advice? Is there something dumb I'm missing? Been riding around with one nut and squeaky unsealed brakes since summer at this point.

Re: Front axle thread previously unknown to man??

Maybe just turn it into a bolt and weld an oversize nut on the end .

Ryan Wildman /

sad to report i do not have welding capabilities at this juncture

The old style wheels take a M11X1 and the new (2008+) style wheels take a M12X1. The bike in your profile has the newer type wheels so m12x1 should be right. (edited)

12x1 is hard to find in hardware stores. I suggest you grab a long 12mm bolt or maybe try mc mastercarr. I think they have a sante fe springs warehouse you can do will call at.

I was gonna say 12x1, that has flustered me in the past, because "fine" thread m12 is 1.25 and nobody sells an "extra-fine" or anything - some places have em tho, auto parts store might, McMaster-Carr definitely does.

just fork out the 10 bucks for the local welder to weld one nut on ther so u can cinch from the other side.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account