Derbi variant rebuild question

I’m putting this pyramid reed back together and I’m not totally sure where this retaining spring I’m pointing to in the photo is supposed to sit. Seems like there’s a special spot for it I’m just not totally sure. Sorry photo quality is bad

ADD31695-9406-4D01-A302-95A380691380.jpeg

Re: Derbi variant rebuild question

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

http://homealonemopeds.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2014-03-05T12:21:00-08:00&max-results=2&start=8&by-date=false

Yep, it goes right there,

Tip: if you have an extra brake lever switch cover, slip it onto that to quiet down your engine while it is running.

DSCN4171.JPG

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> http://homealonemopeds.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2014-03-05T12:21:00-08:00&max-results=2&start=8&by-date=false

>

> Yep, it goes right there,

>

> Tip: if you have an extra brake lever switch cover, slip it onto that to

> quiet down your engine while it is running.

> >

Thats a neat little mod! I'll try that on the pyramid reed motor i have to reassemble.....it's sitting in a milk crate in pieces, and i'm dreading it

Cool thanks! that's what I figured seeing as that notch is only on the one case half. that's a slick move I like that. Just finished getting it all sealed up. I had it dreadfully exploded for a while as well, I shoulda taken more pictures...

ALSO that link for the shim/spacer placement is excellent I have no idea how I didn't find that before

Awesome write-up. The derbi flatreed engine has flying BBs too. Spent way too long crawling on my basement floor looking for them.

Fuck those little BBs

Okay I have one more question where does this spacer go? In going through the rest of the parts of the engine this was sitting off by itself and I can’t for the life of me remember where it goes, is it a spacer for the front sprocket? I’m afraid to push the seal in anymore to make it fit (edited)

954B5BB0-4640-495E-A636-A6D540B7700E.jpeg
09E4AFC3-BE15-4DDD-9A57-D4AA44F5329D.jpeg

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Front axle spacer? no.21

Epson_07202017_021117.png

I'm just going by the corrosion, guessing that it's not internal.

Two circlips are what keeps the sprocket in place,

Epson_07202017_021838.png

(edited)

Spacer for front sprocket.

You can tell because your output shaft is held on with a nut.

I'd have to agree with the front wheel spacer .

The front sprocket is likely a bit wider than the distance from the end of the spacer to the seal wear ring . Not to mention that the spacer takes up most if not all of the seal pliable area . (edited)

I realized it’s the front sprocket spacer and I just have the wrong seal in place and need one that has the space for it to fit inside. Initially I thought it was a front axle spacer but realized when the sprocket wasn’t sitting right that was it.

If you use that brake switch cover inside your motor, the rubber will break down with constant contact from oil and then you'll have gummy rubber bits inside your motor.

Don't do it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account