What's a Runyon?

I'm having some Minarelli V1's rebuilt and I may have tossed into the parts box the carburator from a Scorpion SC1 in with the other Delorto SHA 14:12's that I had. Is a Runyon a similar carb, or a clone, or what?

Re: What's a Runyon?

You mean runtong?

It's possible that my mechanic spelled it incorrectly, and my phone got wiped a week or two ago, but the most recent text I received had it spelled "runyon", so you could be more correct than I. But I swear that the carb off the SC1 was a SHA 14:12 as well. (edited)

Runtong is a clone of the SHA or others.

A really fast onion.

That's ok, I thought it was a fish, like a Grunion. Yes, he was spelling it wrong, it's a Runtong

kevin Smellaflange /

it's a runny onion, (silly people)

A "TRUNION' is the center beam that holda the load where leaf springs swivel on a truck or vehicle....It can be used to decribe a swing arm bushing or motor mount that swings....

post-1346-1180567359_thumb.jpg

> Bob Selby Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> A "TRUNION' is the center beam that holda the load where leaf springs

> swivel on a truck or vehicle....It can be used to decribe a swing arm

> bushing or motor mount that swings....

Trunion type front suspensions were used on 1960s Rambler cars. They were known for popping apart. I believe they were called `ring and trunion'. They used threads instead of a ball joint.

My Father-in-Law and I came down a steep hill near Blackfork,OH and the trunion popped out, the tire leaned out almost horizontally and he got it stopped before the stretched brake line broke. Whew! No dual master cyls. back then. You lose a brake line,all brakes are gone except emergency brake.

Jack Rutherford /

runyon is most likely an autocorrected version of runtong which my computer wants to autocorrect to "renting"

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account