New gaskets now to hard to kick to start

I have a 1976 Puch Maxi s put new head gasket and exhaust gasket because they were leaking and now it is way to hard to kick over. I can pull the start clutch lever and stand on the pedals and I’m about 180pounds.

6161276E-9B50-4666-AF6F-1857FF4075EB.jpeg

Re: New gaskets now to hard to kick to start

Loose the head bolts and see if it turns over.

It turns over and I have spark I even put a new spark plug it feels like the compression is to high. it has an expansion tank which I don’t like but I had it running before when it was leaking pressure from everywhere. Maybe the head is different?

Sure you got the jug on aligned correctly?

just pedal harder and believe it'll turn over.

Piston hitting the head? Sounds crazy but I've seen it happen

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Pull the clutch lever, not the brake lever.

> Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Pull the clutch lever, not the brake lever.

Done that more than twice.

Yea if you're running a tccd without a metal base spacer chances are the stack of gaskets compressed and that's what caused your head leak. Ive also seen a couple different bikes come through with more than one head gasket. It looks like it might have a stock head so your compression shouldn't be that high.

Yea it looks stock to me the all I did was replace the old gasket that was leaking now it’s to much. Would the expansion pipe have anything to do with this it was leaking too and I replaced the exhaust gasket and tighten the bolts?

No I have a video of it running before I changed the gasket so I know the piston wasn’t hitting the head.

It would take a lot of cranking to pressurize the pipe if totally plugged. Never seen that happen.

Seen a lot of em partially plugged though.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account