Somethings leaking! Rings? Piston? Cylinder?

Caleb Walker /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey there! I decided to do a rebuild on my pug motor to put on new gaskets, remove the exhaust port lip, new intake manifold, and new Athena reeds. it ran great but when i got it dismantled and the exhaust taken off, there was some kind of leaking past the rings. through the exhaust port i can see the air bubbling in oil when i turn the engine over. like I said it runs great so maybe this "leaking" is normal because when i turn it over slow, there might not be enough pressure to force the rings out tight. IDK i haven't tested the compression yet cause i don't have the tool to do it with but i plan on ordering one soon. the cylinder and the rings both look good and smooth, not scratched up or anything. basically I would like to know if this is a problem and what I need to do/buy to fix it.

Thanks Guys!

also i will post a video right after this...

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account