Once the epoxy on the leather had cured i removed the zip ties and mixed up the JB Weld. i spread a very thin layer on the leather, knowing that most of it would be scraped off, then fit the pin and support into place. I then used as much JB Weld that I could to try to hold everything in place, making sure to pack it in between the spring support and the cover and removing and eliminate any air bubbles.
I also filled in the gaps on the front of the cover between the cover, pin, and leather.
I made sure to fit it up to make sure that the support bracket was in the right orientation to not rub or get in the way of the starter shaft. The raised stability ridges on the inside of the cover that run on either side of the support bracket also help to visually ensure that he bracket is in the right position, the ridges and support bracket sides should be parallel.