Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

Anyone else buy this sick pipe yet?

If you did, you sure are a cool guy. But do you know how the hell you get the baffle apart?

I was able to put a socket in it to prevent jacking it all out of round while only marring the piss out of more than 95% of it by clamping on it with vice grips.

IMG_20190125_184654.jpg

The southern end where it bolts to the master banana doesn't have any way to take it apart so I'm under the assumption that the smokey end is the only way to take it apart. Looks like it's pressed into the can. I can get it to twist a little bit probably 90 degrees or so but it won't move away from home.

I'll bet you it's got a barbed lip thing or some other alien technology that's holding it in there in a groove in the can and that's why this damn thing is so expensive.

Any take one of these apart yet? Mine has gotten super loud and I guess I'm afraid of breaking cause I'm a little bitch.

Nice pipe though. (edited)

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

Ok, so I did the thing where I wait 10 seconds for a response and then went ahead and broke it.

Here's why it was loud as shit. Pretty much cooked the packing into a hard shell on the inside. Maybe it got wet? IDK

IMG_20190125_191913.jpg

Here's how the tube comes apart. Wow that makes sense! I'm just stupid. I have garbage welded it back to ok. Welder doesn't work well at low wire feed rate YOLO.

IMG_20190125_194149.jpg

Repacked it with this lovely stuff which fit very well.

Sounds good now.

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

> DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ok, so I did the thing where I wait 10 seconds for a response and then

> went ahead and broke it.

>

> Here's why it was loud as shit. Pretty much cooked the packing into a

> hard shell on the inside. Maybe it got wet? IDK

>

> Here's how the tube comes apart. Wow that makes sense! I'm just stupid.

> I have garbage welded it back to ok. Welder doesn't work well at low

> wire feed rate YOLO.

>

> Repacked it with this lovely stuff which fit very well.

>

> Sounds good now.

Glad you posted that,Doc! Thanks! I need some of that for my StreetMate Techno.Been LOUD lately.

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

Ive been using stainless steel 3m scrubby pads for years they never burn up and I get them for free from the bar I work at.

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Lets see some pics of the pipe mounted up! How does it perform? Does it clear the pedals/centerstand?

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

Got a tach to show off what the pipe can hit?

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

Never buy this ! Is it a good product ?

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

I put it on a DS-50. It was super easy to fit. The pedals did clear but i have since taken them off stand is out of the way. It sit's kinda low to the ground, but not quite as low as a big muff or the other pipes.

Im just running an un-ported flatreed with a 4-petal reed block and 21mm carb. It will hit 50.017 mph on not uphill. Not sure of the exact rpms of the band but, I believe I need a kit or to do some porting to really make use of this pipe.

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

sweet! I was thinking it was the old "blaster" pipes for minarelli - those were epic. this looks fun as hell tho. great colours.

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> sweet! I was thinking it was the old "blaster" pipes for minarelli -

> those were epic. this looks fun as hell tho. great colours.

yeah that green one is fly as heck

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> alex . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > sweet! I was thinking it was the old "blaster" pipes for minarelli -

>

> > those were epic. this looks fun as hell tho. great colours.

>

> yeah that green one is fly as heck

I was so close to buying the green one but I chickened out.

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

> alex . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > sweet! I was thinking it was the old "blaster" pipes for minarelli -

>

> > those were epic. this looks fun as hell tho. great colours.

>

> yeah that green one is fly as heck

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

So it happened again. The malossi packing lasted about a month. It got wet and then got loud.

I repacked with some ceramic material this time. It sounds nice but it's still itchy.

I also got one of those tacky doucher butt plugs for the exhaust so it might last longer. IDK.

IMG_20190306_195202.jpg

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

> DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So it happened again. The malossi packing lasted about a month. It got

> wet and then got loud.

>

> I repacked with some ceramic material this time. It sounds nice but it's

> still itchy.

>

> I also got one of those tacky doucher butt plugs for the exhaust so it

> might last longer. IDK.

> >

Maybe next time try some brass , copper or stainless steel scouring pads for your baffle packing .

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> Maybe next time try some brass , copper or stainless steel scouring pads

> for your baffle packing .

I'll have to do that.

I'm still not 100% sure if I'm ruining baffle packing by not being tuned right or what. My temps are really low and my exhaust is really smokey. Makes me think I'm not getting complete combustion.

I'll mess with it some more.

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

So i never followed up on this.

The ceramic packing did the same thing and got all crunchy and loud.

I took the steel wool route and the baffle was so heavy that the bracket that held the pipe onto the bike kept breaking. I ended up swapping to the technigas "blue baffle"

I took the baffle for the technigas pipe apart and it had both steel wool and a fiber packing which i thought was neat. There was steel wool closest to the stinger and the fiber around that. I think that's probably the best for weight and longevity.

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

I usually go for the 3m metal stainless scrubby space pussy things I lift from the bar I work at. Never had to repack one I put that stuff in.

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I usually go for the 3m metal stainless scrubby space pussy things I

> lift from the bar I work at. Never had to repack one I put that stuff

> in.

I'm pretty sure a girl I smashed had one between her legs. Shave that shit....js

Anyway, no muff too tough to stuff. (edited)

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

you probably needed a good face scrub.

I been rocking quartz wool packing, it's light quiet and very heat resistant. I was thinking the steel/metal might last better though just by disipating heat faster, so despite the ceramic packing (with was probably loaded w polymer sizing) theoretically having higher temp tolerance, probably the metal doesnt build up as much heat since it can faster transfer heat to the shell and out. and no paint or stickers on there so fuckit, let it get toasty and keep the inside more comfy

but vs using scouring pads, would steel wool work? probably not for long, that shit turns to rust quickly

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

Brass or copper scrub pads never rust . ;) They last . They transfer heat very well and are reusable .

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

I currently have steel wool in my banana baffle.

The upturned pipe holds so much black spooge in the baffle i dont have to worry about it rusting hahaha

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

Steel wool is actually pretty flammable, your baffle can and will catch on fire from too too many rip-ems

Re: Bumpin Banana Blaster Baffle Bonanza

can't little bits of any metal packing potentially get sucked into your cylinder/crank bearings?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account