How to operate 14.12 choke

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

I just got my Moby running with a 14.12 sha. Right now it maxes out at about 5 mph. The choke is closed and I’m wondering how to get it open so i can see if that’s the issue or air leaks

Re: How to operate 14.12 choke

Also I’m running a 57 main jet in Michigan, it’s quite cold here rn if that helps

Twist the throttle fully.

Rick Bergsma /

The choke should "pop off" automatically when you open the throttle all the way.

If it doesn't then your throttle probably isn't opening all the way hence the lack of speed .

Oh ok

Even when I go wide open throttle it bogs and the choke doesn’t open. Is jetting an issue?

How would a jet ever cause your choke to malfunction? Think man.

Well I’m running way to rich that’s all I know. I was just saying it’s either the jetting

Or the choke I’ll dig into it tomorrow

When the throttle opens fully, it trips the spring loaded choke lever, automatically opening the choke. If yours is not opening, that's your problem. Somethings bent, or Its not opening full throttle. Its not your jet. That's the right one. Your choke is stuck shut, for some reason. Find out why.

Either you didn't install the top of the carb correctly (which has the little arm that controls the choke) or you need to take a little slack out of your cable.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account