Kreidler mp9 transmission leak! update: now not turning over :(

Laurel Grows /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

updates! decomp is fixed! plugged it with the right size bolt and some JBweld, no compression issues there.

transmission leak is identified, its an O ring gone bad under there, ive just gotta go get the right size, unscrew that bolt and then put it back on. I'm doing that in the morning.

new issues:

while i was fixing the decomp bolt, i put on a new domino throttle.

i test next day, kicks over just fine, no more air gas or smoke getting in or out of the holes. but the throttle cable was too tight so it was just kinda stuck on and ripping. i turn it off and adjust the cable so its a hair looser and it all seems to be exactly as it should, but now the motor wont turn over?

i jigged around trying to adjust the throttle so it would go, to no avail.

checked spark, thats fine.

I think it might not be getting enough gas? the tank on there is huge and the fuel line has to go down and then up? i dont know, that doesnt make a lot of sense because it was running just fine earlier.

also worth noting, there's no choke plate in the carb, so all the fuel from the line just leaks out the air filter hole once i turn it off and close the petcock. ive cleaned out the air filter a couple times, hasnt helped?

before i haul off and start buying more parts, what should I do?

new carb? smaller tank?

thanks for the help so far, this is my first moped and foray into two wheeled motor operation at all, and i really enjoy all the tinkering. brap?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account