Drive Belt

Steven Evans /

Evening/Afternoon/Morning,

2016 Peugeot Vogue.

Just a slight problem (I hope!). I've noticed when I ride there is a slight vibration noise and I think Ive narrowed it down to the drive belt/wheel. Im not very mechanically minded so bear with me!

I've noticed that the big wheel on the right, when truning above just ticking over speed doesnt spin totally true, like its slightly buckled (I dont think it is). But it has a slight wobble when spinning fast thus making the belt not run true. Does it need a visit to a moped mechanic?

Any advice gratefully accepted!

20181230_173325[1].jpg

Re: Drive Belt

Could just be a dry or maybe bent pedal shaft, or bad bearings in the pulley. I honestly wouldnt worry about it too too much, squirt some grease in the zerk just to make sure its all lubed up in there.

Steven Evans /

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Could just be a dry or maybe bent pedal shaft, or bad bearings in the

> pulley. I honestly wouldnt worry about it too too much, squirt some

> grease in the zerk just to make sure its all lubed up in there.

Thanks Daniel. I'll give that a go.

moby esq. variator shaft has a grease depository in the mid front of shaft...grease comes out past the first snap ring inside & greases needle bearing when it's ''new'' now that it's older it may need a cleaning out...

...with a fine/ stiff wire to get it young again; if it's the same as a motobecane.

« Go to Topic — end of thread