Qt50 front axle need to be torqued?

I'm going to replace my front tire in my qt50. theres a whining noise when it moves and when I get going it sounds like someone's playing a washboard and then gets worse. I have an extra wheel but I looked it up and says it needs to be torqued to 30 foot pounds. should I finally break down and buy a torque wrench?

Re: Qt50 front axle need to be torqued?

Sounds more like maybe you should be buying new bearings to me .

I have another tire from my other qt50 with better bearings just didn't know if that was the problem or not. I want to change it today but didn't know if the axle needed to be torqued. i'm not going to be doing much riding it's getting too cold and icy here in Massachusetts just trying to fix what I can now. I have another engine I'm going to be putting on it and exhaust so just trying to get the little things taken care of if I can

Jack Rutherford /

how did the exhaust port porting go?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Of all the reasons to be buying a torque wrench, tightening an axle is the worst one.

porting went really well!! forgot to post a picture. I will be doing more with the torque wrench than just the axle I have another cylinder I need to put on the motor and a 70cc kit to put on the other engine just didn't know how important the axle torqueing would be.

meh, some will tell you to use a torque wrench religiously, some say fuck it its mopeds. If you feel like you need one, go buy one but its not necessary 99% of the time.

Thanks I figured as much for the wheel but I’ll definitely get one for the cylinders. Just trying to fix one thing at a time so I don’t need to completely disassemble the bike all at once

> Joe Mama Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm going to replace my front tire in my qt50. theres a whining noise

> when it moves and when I get going it sounds like someone's playing a

> washboard and then gets worse. I have an extra wheel but I looked it up

> and says it needs to be torqued to 30 foot pounds. should I finally

> break down and buy a torque wrench?

The first question should be:

Does the speedometer work correctly?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account