Re: looking for solution for intake tube for 1980 Indian AMI-50

Les Dailey /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have a 1979 Indian AMI 50 moped. It came with a Tillotson carburetor which is essentially a block of metal with a few diaphragms. It was terrible, but the intake did have 32 mm spacing holes to attach the carburetor. I bought a Keihin clone for $13.86 delivered from Amazon. I bought it not knowing if it would work solely because it was advertised as having 32mm intake hole spacing and was so cheap. It bolted right on and works great. In 1979 Indian mopeds came with Tillotson and Keihin carburetors both use intakes with 32 mm spacing holes. You should be able to find an intake from a 1979 Indian. I buy a lot of parts from Myron's Moped. The owner is Shaun Strahm. His website does not work like others. You cannot order online. You have to email him at Shaun Strahm <myronsmoped@gmail.com> He probably has the intake you need. He will answer your email and is somewhat of an expert on Indian as well as other mopeds. Good Luck!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account