tomos crank indented magneto side a55

I have had problems with the magneto coming loose. That is why I stripped the threads on my old crank and bought this new one. I don't remember the old one having an indent on it. Do you see the concave on the shaft? Is this normal? I am not too worried about it but don't want to build it up and not be able to secure the magneto again. I think it's an A55 crank...

Re: tomos crank indented magneto side a55

Dirty30 Dillon /

No photo attached, but I am guessing you are talking about the woodruff key slot. In which case the pin on your stock crank was probable rolled over which is why you couldn't keep your flywheel on. Use a key if possible, and always lap the crank and flywheel tapers together.

Sorry I forgot, no I mean there is a little concave in the shaft, You can see it a little on the left here.

new crank.jpg

I will have to look up that lapping stuff. thanks. Maybe that is what they tried to do here.

That's just where the shaft tapers down, it's between the seal and the flywheel, so it's just dead space anyway.

I hope your right. I will have to look at my other shafts and measure them... Hey you have any saab 900 you want to trade or sell?

I like the saab 900

The crank looks normal. Personally I like the early cranks better the webs are thicker stronger looking.

A55 cranks are not so good. Most a55 stuff is not so good.

Nope. I'm really only into the earlier cars. Even 900's around here are pretty scarce.

> Jusitn rothfeld Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>Hey you have any saab 900 you want to trade or sell?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account