Tomos help

Could a pinched or broken tailight/brake light wire on a 2010 Tomos Moped cause loss of spark???? Thank you guys for the help!!* Moved to this forum by grahammotzing

Re: Tomos help

sorry your thread got auto filtered, maybe you just joined or something about the text? I just approved it and moved it to the appropriate forum (repair)

-graham (mod)

Find the wiring diagram on Myron's mopeds and post it here. I doubt it. There are multiple places where tomos skimped on protecting the wiring. It wraps around the rear of the frame and can get eaten there as well as the rear fender where it will hand and meet the tire and get massacred . But assuming that the kill switch ground isn't in that , I think it's more likely going to be basic to the ignition and cdi if in fact u truely lost spack and the basics like the soack plug are fine.

The bike was rewired by the previous owner the blinker lights etc. removed. I have heard from some that the ignition can be grounded through the rear light is this not true?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

^That usually only applies to Italian bikes.

change yr plug

usually spark plug, missing or grounded kill. one easy check is to find the black wire out the engine, disconnect the spade that goes up towards the front and try connecting it directly to the spark HT coil - this will bypass your killswitch, essentially "hotwiring" the bike, but is a great way to check if the problem is related to killswitch and forward wiring, or if it's actually in plug/boot/wire/cdi or stator.

Thanks for the tips/help guys.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account