Would you fix it????

Here it is

8175829806_8d82c5bb3b_b.jpg

Re: Would you fix it????

Overpriced Parts /

I wouldn’t even bring it home !

Re: Would you fix it????

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Yard art

Re: Would you fix it????

> Brandon Weiss (aka B-Man) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yard art

I keep my yard a lot nicer than that . LOL

Re: Would you fix it????

Was running when last parked. Prob just needs a carb cleaned. 5-10 mins of work tops. $1200

Re: Would you fix it????

Josiah Radebaugh /

I'd take that headlight bucket...

Re: Would you fix it????

LOL! That's TWO worthless bikes!

Re: Would you fix it????

You would have been better off taking a picture of someone elses bike....

Re: Would you fix it????

The one on the back maybe, but you would need a small swimming pool filled with evaporust.

Re: Would you fix it????

Captain Janeway /

Thanks for a morning laugh

Re: Would you fix it????

An old Kreidler and what i believe to be a Batavus Bilonet. Combined worth 3500/4000€ when fixed up.

Where is that pic from? These are Dutch mopeds.

Re: Would you fix it????

It'll buff out.

Re: Would you fix it????

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It'll buff out.

Laughing out LOUD!

Re: Would you fix it????

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Jeff Parr Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > It'll buff out.

>

> Laughing out LOUD!

^^^Good one Don!

Re: Would you fix it????

Andrew Squiggman /
A35401C8-68F7-4D76-8B7F-D044A06F3A07.jpeg

Good one Dillon! LOL!

Re: Would you fix it????

Reminds me of the last scenes of the 80s remake of "The Fly"

Re: Would you fix it????

Looks like a terrible transporter malfunction, Captain.....

Re: Would you fix it????

No.

Re: Would you fix it????

nothing there to fix. was that in a pond?

maybe the seat is still good? would it count as "fixing" it if I just used the last remaining part and put it on a different bike? I mean you'd be replacing everything anyway...

Re: Would you fix it????

Looks like maybe the remains of dredging a canal .

Re: Would you fix it????

Think they were stolen & dumped?

Re: Would you fix it????

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Looks like maybe the remains of dredging a canal .

Highly doubt that. Even a few years in a canal would make them black with algae and dirt, let alone 50 years.

Re: Would you fix it????

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > P D Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Looks like maybe the remains of dredging a canal .

>

> Highly doubt that. Even a few years in a canal would make them black

> with algae and dirt, let alone 50 years.

I'd agree , but , after 50 years the bikes would be much deeper in the mud than after just a few years . ;)

Re: Would you fix it????

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > P D Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Looks like maybe the remains of dredging a canal .

>

> >

>

> > Highly doubt that. Even a few years in a canal would make them black

>

> > with algae and dirt, let alone 50 years.

>

> I'd agree , but , after 50 years the bikes would be much deeper in the

> mud than after just a few years . ;)

Most waterways in the Netherlands get dredged fairly often, so large objects like this wouldnt be in there for 50 years.

The intact seat and "dry rust" make me think these came out of a shed.

I found another pic:

The strange thing is that these are inside a church, so maybe they were stored in a church for 50 years.

Re: Would you fix it????

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> Most waterways in the Netherlands get dredged fairly often, so large

> objects like this wouldnt be in there for 50 years.

>

> The intact seat and "dry rust" make me think these came out of a shed.

>

> I found another pic:

>

> https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8065/8175795247_9c7a55de06_b.jpg

>

> The strange thing is that these are inside a church, so maybe they were

> stored in a church for 50 years.

Holland has much experience with canals and they seem to care for them , religiously . But , are these bikes there or somewhere in South Carolina ?

I can imagine a canal in SC not being dug out or dredged for as long as a hundred years .

Maybe the church is using those bikes to illustrate what life might be like without ... ;)

Re: Would you fix it????

First of all, the mopeds have Dutch yellow fender plates i doubt you'd see many of them in the states.

Second; they are in a Dutch church. Our Churches are paved with tombstones for the nobility that was burried there.

Unfortunately the only one i can read says "Camenaer" which is a 17th century title for the personal assistant of a highly placed (religious) person. If it were a name i would've already found the church and possibly the news article that i bet there is.

The fence and the tarp indicate that there's a renovation going on, so they were probably found during the restauration.

Re: Would you fix it????

a pool full of vinegar might help inprove the looks,there are probabaly a few parts to save for someone else,if nothing else the number plate.

Re: Would you fix it????

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> First of all, the mopeds have Dutch yellow fender plates i doubt you'd

> see many of them in the states.

>

> Second; they are in a Dutch church. Our Churches are paved with

> tombstones for the nobility that was burried there.

>

> Unfortunately the only one i can read says "Camenaer" which is a 17th

> century title for the personal assistant of a highly placed (religious)

> person. If it were a name i would've already found the church and

> possibly the news article that i bet there is.

>

> The fence and the tarp indicate that there's a renovation going on, so

> they were probably found during the restauration.

Your evaluation is interesting . Please continue and post that article , if you happen to find it .

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account