Sachs Prima G3 Shocks Conundrum

Hey folks,

I'm working through my Sachs rebuild, (videoing the whole way, watch out for a youtube link someday.) And I've got an issue.

So the shocks that I took off the moped measure to 370mm. Which seems super long, but it's what they are and my ruler didn't stretch.

Am I going to be okay with treat's 350mm shocks? Or should I throw out for their surefire ego-boosting 350-370s? The price difference is 90$ and there aren't any reviews of the 350mm ones. Thought the hive mind might have opinions. Want to get these ordered asap.

I'm also open to other options if you guys have suppliers that aren't as easily found on the interweb. I'm new to mopeds and none of my friends understand.

Links to the speculative shocks.

Cheaper 350s:

https://www.treatland.tv/black-adjustable-shocks-350mm-p/350mm-black-shocks-puch350.htm

Expensiver 350-370s:

https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=super-awesome-shocks-360GII&CartID=16

Re: Sachs Prima G3 Shocks Conundrum

See if you can find the specs on the original Sachs G3 shocks length. Someone may have put longer ones on there.

Andrew Squiggman /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> See if you can find the specs on the original Sachs G3 shocks length.

> Someone may have put longer ones on there.

Good one Don! LOL!

You guys know way more than I do, but they look original.

I don’t really want to lose any height in the back, but I’m having trouble with the selection of shocks I’m finding. The originals would be fine if I could get them looking okay. One of them is pretty beat up, got laid down hard at some point I guess. Probably beyond my ability to fix.

You should just fully disassemble them amd clean them up of your preference is to retain the same look. Another neat trick is to turn the blemished shock around so the messed up part is on the inside where no one can see.

I can try that! But as they are a chrome and I want them to be black I was leaning toward just replacing them.

> awake by java Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I can try that! But as they are a chrome and I want them to be black I

> was leaning toward just replacing them.

If the shocks you have function correctly , simply remove them and clean them as best you can . Then , scuff the chrome and paint them the color you want .

^truth.

are they the chrome can shaped guys?

I thought they were more like 300 stock...

on the G3 your shock mount tops are just above the fender, the bottoms right on the swingarm, so they are longer, but 17" wheel, 2.5 tire and 2 inches of travel and an inch of clearance is a 350

This was a G3, these shocks I think were only 280s (maybe 320?). I had to significantly raise the shock mounts (maybe 2 inches, or 50mm - welded in extenders to mount bottoms higher), but it also had a much taller set of forks so the extra height was needed to level it out. Either way, 320 or 280 there was enough clearance even with bigger tires without raising it so I'm pretty sure you're totally good with 350s. here's a before and after comparison:

Awesome, and thanks for the pictures! Yeah they were chrome cans. I'm leaning toward the adjustable ones, but I've got some time. Plenty to work on and treats shipping is FAST.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account