Wheels hardly turn (Puch Maxi)

My friends Puch Maxi ran out of gas the other day and while pushing it I noticed that their is an insane amount of resistance when pushing or peddling the bike relative to my Puch. It legitimately takes effort to turn both the front and rear wheels by hand, whereas the with one flick, the front wheel on my Maxi will rotate freely for like a minute. I checked and it doesn't appear to be rubbing against the frame at all - would this be a wheel bearing issue? Could the wheel just be on too tight? We loosened the wheels yesterday and they moved much better, though still not as freely as mine, and the when we loosened enough to make a difference, there was sideways play on the wheel, so we had to tighten back up. I don't really know much about wheels but didn't see anything specific to this on the wiki - if anyone has experience with this it'd be greatly appreciated.

Re: Wheels hardly turn (Puch Maxi)

Maybe bearings.

Or the brakes are too tight. Back em off a bit.

Wheel bearings adjusted too tight and no grease on the bearings.

Probably Fred /

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Wheel bearings adjusted too tight and no grease on the bearings.

And Or improper spacer no spacer

Look at The diagram for the model Wheel and see if all correct parts are there

Yes brakes and or the adjustable stock bearings.

Bad Cadillac™ /

No mention of the bearings being greased or adding grease.

40 year old grease is pretty much useless now being all dried out and needing to be replaced if its not been already.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account