Turn signals both flashing

Brian Stogsdill /

So I bought some after market turn signals for my 94 tomos targa LX and had to put on quick connects of them because they came with a different connection, but after I installed them they both blink at the same time like hazard lights. It does it for both left and right. Is it a relay that went bad or has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Re: Turn signals both flashing

Do they blink when you turn the switch on, or they just blink as long as they’re hooked up and the bike is running? You should get a wiring diagram from the wiki and a multimeter to test.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Sounds like you may be missing the ground in you light circuit.

Bad Cadillac™ /

Yes, this is a wiring issue not a relay issue. You got a crossed wire or something disconnected.

Brian Stogsdill /

They only blink when I turn each switch on.

Then you have them wired to the switch wrong or are back feeding them. You wired it wrong, hut you are asking a bunch of people to blindly diagnose your aftermarket turn signals that you wired and we have never seen.

Some 94 Targas and other years as well, that were sold in big cities, Philadelphia mainly, had built in EAO features built right in.

"Emergency Always On" made it easier to park at the curb while getting a quick Italian shaved ice drink and the PPA would just walk by and not write you a ticket.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account