1994 tomos turn signals don't work

Signal lights turn on when I jump the red wires to the yellow from the flasher relay. I replaced with a 552 unit from autozone. Looked exactly like the one on the bike. No go. I checked the voltage got 9volts. I disconnected the yellow lead from the magneto and jumped to the relay, still no go. Magneto producing well over 12 volts when engine is revved. Still no go. Kind of driving me crazy. Is there a special type of flasher relay that works with these bikes or is a 552 flasher relay a generic thing. BTW i have the 2 prong flasher. Thanks for the help

Re: 1994 tomos turn signals don't work

Anyone?

sounds like u narrowed it down, exchange ur new flasher

sometimes u gotta rev the engine to see em light up.

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

Ever find a solution??? I’m having the exact same issue. They light up when you touch the wires together but no dice even with a new relay. Getting 8v on the wires to the relay. They used to work as long as I had the bike and just stopped working this summer.

I THINK Tomos used a AC current flasher which from what I understand is different from the DC flasher you get from the parts store.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I know an old Chevy one works but hey I got one if you want it I never use my turn signals anyway I always use hand signals for everything

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

That’s the one (old Chevy one) I got and tried to no luck. Hey I’d take it off your hands! I’m beginning to suspect the switch might be my problem. I usually ride alone so I like having flashers for the added visibility and communication with traffic.

As little as drivers actually pay attention nowadays I always doubt if most even understand hand signals in the first place.

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I know an old Chevy one works but hey I got one if you want it I never

> use my turn signals anyway I always use hand signals for everything

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account