tips on this tight fuel line situation (tomos a3sp)

hey so i recently kitted this ‘78 a3sp and put on that a35 intake with a clone dellorto carb and now there’s sooo little space between the petcock and the carb that i can’t even fit a fuel filter. what gives? can i put the carb on the other side with the little black box? is it as easy as getting some copper pipe and pushing the carb back an inch or two? is there something that’s way easier? i’ve search’s and searched and i feel like i’m the only one with this problem.

Re: tips on this tight fuel line situation (tomos a3sp)

buy some extra fuel line, do a loopy loop, a u turn, an around the frame, whatever, the sha fuel banjo spins too

yeah that’s kind of what i’ve got going on now. it’s just real kinky and weird looking. enough to make me feel like i was missing something anyway. :] thanks

spencerrrrr r /

I have found that a fuel filter with barbed inlet and outlet positioned at 90* to each other helps here

I have a similar situation. I use about three inches of fuel line, no room for an in- line filter. I rely on the petcock filter and the fuel intake screen built into the carb. Those and a clean tank that’s never empty is enough. Never had a clog. Piston stays clean.

the 90's are a good solution, but I've usually gone with a loop. fuel line is cheap and easily available.

there is the filter on the carb but man, no filter can really fuck you up. I learned real quick that it's always worthwhile to run inline filters.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account