Where to find carburetor idle screw for cheapest?

I just bought a PA50i and the carburetor is missing the idle screw and jet. I was wondering where I could buy it for cheapest? The kit on treatland is 30$ which is a bit expensive since I only need 1 screw of the whole kit.

Thanks

Re: Where to find carburetor idle screw for cheapest?

Stock carb?

Yes for the stock carb

you could buy a whole clone carb for 30 and swap parts off of it. or ask in buy sell someone'd probably mail you one even less. I got a pile of old carbs I just mix and match til stuff fits. have also just filed down the tips of bolts on a grinder if you've got bolts that fit the threading (usually extra fine threads tho)

wait isn't the hobbit idle just a stop screw on top of the carb?? it's probably just a standard m4 screw, use any screw/bolt whatever that fits...

Or do you mean the actual air adjustment screw? those are pretty specific and tricky/impossible to shape yourself, but looks like theyre $6 on ebay from china...

first name last name /

So if you get a plane ticket to China you could probably pick one up for about $0.12.

Don't forget your passport.

Thanks, I'll just get a standard M4 screw and I think it will fit. Actually the screw to close the float bowl fits fine in the threadings.

As for the jet, I guess I'll have to figure out which one comes stock with a PA50i and order one.

Thanks !

> first name last name Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So if you get a plane ticket to China you could probably pick one up for

> about $0.12.

>

> Don't forget your passport.

thats a good one. for all the stuff i ordered from china, i should have done that years ago.

i know you just need a coupla bits but got the whole stock carb if your interested. pa50i 25 shipped

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account