Possible sieze?

Garrett Harmon /

I just bought a peace sports 50cc off my buddy, who’s had it for a few years, I’ve had it now for a month and it has run perfect. It needs a new battery but I’ve been kick starting it since I got it. Yesterday I was going down a hill and got up to 40mph and the engine started whining and it started to de accelerate and eventually slowed to a stop. I kicked it over and then it started up just fine after. Today (the next day) I kicked it over and it started, I drove about half a mile and it did the same thing except when I hit 30mph, it slowed to a stop then shut off. I went to kick it over and it wouldn’t kick at all. It rolls but won’t kick. I tried jumping it, and when I do so it try’s to turn over but won’t. Could this be a sieze or what? Please help!

Re: Possible sieze?

Sounds like you seized it . Maybe didn't give it enough gas going down that 40 MPH hill .

Might be able to pull it apart and clean the piston and cylinder , if it's not too bad .

The whole operation could be done in an hour or so . Post a couple of damage pics .

Garrett Harmon /

10 4 will do thanks. I semi dis assembled it to get to the chain and with the kick start it will crank and the piston will move so I’m gonna go ahead and clean everything then put it back togeather

It's a fuel issue if it seized the back tire would have probably locked not just shut off did it start to run funny than just die sounds to me almost positive running out of fuel either air in the fuel line or piece of crud in the float needle slowing flow is it a new or loose fuel line and or is your gas tank a little rusty on the inside? I've had these problems a bunch mopeds=moproblems it's always something.

first name last name /

Scooter threads need to be put in the off-topic Forum.

I shed no tears for you and your scooter.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Confusion understandable, state laws list it as a moped-class. But for real tho....you got a scooter. Seek out a scooter forum, or check in off-topic. This place is for step through pedal mopeds, and you'll get more sass than help.

Seized, time to buy a moped.

Garrett Harmon /

Well I live in New Hampshire where a moped is classified as under 50cc and can not go faster than 30mph which fits mine. So I joined this moped forum for my moped. I don’t know what your state classifications are for a moped but in New Hampshire this is a moped.

It's kinda funny because your scooter is classified as a "moped" in NH and some people here will give you a bit of a hassle, but most of the "mopeds" people on this forum have are kitted and not likely to be classified as a "moped" in most jurisdictions. So feel free to give 'em back some guff :D

You'll get more exact information on a scooter forum. Perhaps some belt or gear has fallen off and nobody on this forum is familiar with it. But it's much more likely your 50cc 2 stroke has seized.

Garrett Harmon /

Alright good to know that’s man

Cleats Onionpockets /

For reference...

scooter-moped-motorcycle.png

This place is for step through pedal mopeds

And Nopeds.

first name last name /

Looks like the mods of given up on this argument this website must really be hurting for traffic got to get that advertising Revenue.

And if you need any parts for your moped scooter get them from 77 mopeds

Garrett Harmon /

Update: pulled everything apart and it was a sieze, for some reason the oil wasn’t getting to the piston and the pivot sieze so I’m gonna take it out and put a new piston in.

> Garrett Harmon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Update: pulled everything apart and it was a sieze, for some reason the

> oil wasn’t getting to the piston and the pivot sieze so I’m gonna take

> it out and put a new piston in.

New rings require a decent hone job .

first name last name /

Send an email to 77 mopeds, attention Dan I need parts and a description of the model in the parts and he will take care of you like no other dealer in the universe.

> first name last name Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Send an email to 77 mopeds, attention Dan I need parts and a description

> of the model in the parts and he will take care of you like no other

> dealer in the universe.

By post crap like that^ , you make this site just as bad as 77 .

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account