what size main jet?

Brad William /

Roughly what is the range of jet sizes for an unmodified e50 with techno boss pipe and aftermarket 15mm carb?

Re: what size main jet?

first name last name /

The jet size depends on the carburetor some use 4 mm some use 5 mm some have a different head on this crew so without knowing the carburetor I can't tell you what the thread size of the jet is

Brad William /

not the thread size.

the orifice.. in mm.

I've tuned by "seat of the pants" for so long that I have no good idea what size is in there. I usually reflow solder in the jet and bore a tiny bit larger or smaller to hunt down the right performance. I just wanted to know what the baseline orifice is, roughly, that is used in these engines with a 15mm carb.

first name last name /

Then use a seat of your pants jet

There might be something in the wiki to the effect of jet sizing .

Brad William /

sarcasm's good, except when it's not;)

> Brad William Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> sarcasm's good, except when it's not;)

Have searched the wiki ?

first name last name /

Ask Jeeves.

Ask Google.

But I really think it might help if you gave some decent information as to what the fuck you're working on dumbass I hate it when people come on here asking questions but tell you nothing about their set up or what fucking carburetor you working with or moped even if it is a moped it's probably a scooter and then you wonder what people give you shit for answers and then you claim how you can do it by the seat of your pants well put your pants on and go for a ride my crystal ball can't work with the limited information you give.

I mean what's the worst thing that can happen your shit's going to seize blow up maybe lock up the rear tire and crash and kill you no biggie.

On the bright side Darwin has an award for you and it won't be for participation.

Sorry if the truth hurts if you don't like it too bad. (edited)

Brad William /

it's not that big a deal man:)

i'm fine really

you ok? (edited)

i find the drill bit that looks um... big enough so it wont run like shit but um i hate soldering all over again but better than taking apart and redrilling basically u wanna go 68 no filter 62 64 wit filter hows that.

Brad William /

thank you pat. good ballpark to start.

you ok mopedgod? i hope so.

i need to be reminded sometimes of the broader range of ages and experience at this site than at most motorsports forums. if you're as socially awkward as I was at 13 i regret upsetting you so. honestly.

i'll try to be more careful in the future. (edited)

> Brad William Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> thank you pat. good ballpark to start.

>

> you ok mopedgod? i hope so.

>

> i need to be reminded sometimes of the broader range of ages and

> experience at this site than at most motorsports forums. if you're as

> socially awkward as I was at 13 i regret upsetting you so. honestly.

>

> i'll try to be more careful in the future.

Are mopeds still banned from the pier ? ;)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account