Re: Peugeot 103 ignition upgrade.

That wasn't her car to begin with you spread eyed simple simon. Why would I pay for repairs for a car she never did and never could get out of impound. If the sorry sack of wet boners who's named on the car title wants to sue me let him try. I deny ever driving the car away from moms.

Shut up about my sister you splinter headed cock stick!

As for your missing cases I did not take them. I do have these though. They don't look like them do they??

Metrakit742018001.JPG

Wow that Cheetos cheese stuff sticks to your fingers and Everything You Touch sticks to your fingers you fucker.

The stripper club has video of you spinning Donuts when you fucked up the clutch and wouldn't move and then you were doing the deed in the back parking lot on top of the car with the door open and the stereo playing how do you explain that.

And your sister has the hand-written receipts and paperwork from DMV so did you sell this fucking car to two people.

We went down to the stripper bar and your sister was totally shocked to find out that you swing both ways I told her you did she didn't believe me.

But it was pretty amazing interracial shit you did in the parking lot damn.

So there I exposed you so you might as well take the deadbolt off the closet door.

Josiah Radebaugh /

*sigh* Well it has spark i thing I timed it right. It might sorta try to start only if you pedal hard and long but doesn't really with some loud back fires pretty often. I'll check the timing again.

> Josiah Radebaugh Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> *sigh* Well it has spark i thing I timed it right. It might sorta try to

> start only if you pedal hard and long but doesn't really with some loud

> back fires pretty often. I'll check the timing again.

And you do have a ground strap going from the engine cases to the Mount of the HT coil and the headlight bucket correct if you don't you will have that back fireing intermittent hell.

1.2 mm on the timing and the spark plug gap should be between 19 and 23 thousandths of an inch.

Timing before jetting or your life will be another hell and a three-page thread on the Forum.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Well it's a stock further so jetting really isn't a thing. Might just buy a stock replacement coil. Ought to do me another 30 years.

> Well it's a stock further so jetting really isn't a thing. Might just

> buy a stock replacement coil. Ought to do me another 30 years.

You do know that treats has a sell for 18% off.

Just get the Moby CDI and never look back.

You will thank me later at least in your mind if it's still functioning.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Don't want a cdi. I'll do summin.

> Don't want a cdi. I'll do summin.

Okay but it wouldn't be too submissive to that pug, because she will Dom the shit out of you and heart big you'll find out.

Oh wait yo'ure moped already does Dom you......

Nevermind.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Well scheisse my timing was about 87° off. So now all I gotta do now is screw with brakes. And your right I do need an electrimacation. I genuinely thank yins for the help!

Bump

Just wondering if the mentioned new coil lead split worked or if it was a brake light no go???

Josiah Radebaugh /

Funny thing, was just thinking about this! Well, I never ended up trying the idea because I just got tired of messing with it and wanted ma spark.

I'm still not 100% clear as to what I was supposed to do...

Luckily or Unluckily the coil Failed on my other Peugeot (103SP) at the Rally in Columbus! So this gives me a chance to try out my hand at Drunken French electrics.

I bought the same coil, points and a new condenser which I plan to mount externally.

That wiring diagram that was drawn up wasn't very clear to me. It would be wonderful if someone would gift to me their Knowledge of this brake light reviving modification. Sometime this weekend or within the next few hours, I plan to start fudging with the ignition to see if I can get her to run again to get rid of that wretched Novi coil. So if anyone would like to chime in and give this electrical dummy some information you will... uhhh win a free doughnut.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Got spark now (the SP). New coil, new condenser and points. For whatever reason my points are now arching...

It's a "New" condenser (NOS rather), new coil and new points. What else could it be? If anything I would Guess the condenser is the wrong capacitance.(edited)

NOS condenser? So 30 years old? Where is the arching?

I’m re-opening the thread cuz mine started dying after warming up. Starts just fine when cold or if I let it cool down for 30-40 mins. Was going to just throw on a new ignition coil and condenser until I read this thread, but don’t wanna lose brake lights. So figured I’d just start with new condenser and see if that does the trick. Unfortunately when trying to splice the wires to the new condenser they completely snapped off the ignition coil:(

The way I assume the new condenser gets wired in: just splice the two wires (yelluow/red arrow) into the one coming off new condenser. Pretty sure they ground off the mount so just be sure you’re bolting to good ground (no paint). I like the external universal condenser

92A3EA14-B043-49BC-9B24-789892C0E3DE.jpeg
7DCF9E66-C35C-46A8-B0AD-2249A6ED9154.png

Sorry just saw you stated arching at points. Ya fuck NOS, get a new new condenser and make sure that felt pad is nicely lubed up with some light weight oil.

So looks like the white wire coming off that new combo ignition coil gets spliced to the black wire coming into the stator attached to original ignition coil... which looks like it goes directly to brake light switch. Wonder how the new coil is different and wouldn’t allow for brake light function?.?.? Cheetahchrome knows his shit so I believe him, just seems counterintuitive and should be simple.

693ECF8F-98E8-41CD-94F0-A7149C77A6C3.jpeg
9AC4D886-2149-4A13-A865-161C87427C1A.jpeg
AA6FAA2A-05C3-4C38-9E31-ED1880861F5C.jpeg

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

WILL THE WHITE WIRE FEED MY BRAKE LIGHT OR NOT. WAYNE WHERE ARE YOU

I AM GOING TO ACTUALLY TRY IT THIS EVENING AND LET Y'ALL KNOW> THIS MYSTERY MUST BE PUT TO REST

IT'S SUCH A SHITTY LITTLE WIRE

> DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) Wrote:

> WILL THE WHITE WIRE FEED MY BRAKE LIGHT OR NOT. WAYNE WHERE ARE YOU

>

> I AM GOING TO ACTUALLY TRY IT THIS EVENING AND LET Y'ALL KNOW> THIS

> MYSTERY MUST BE PUT TO REST

>

> IT'S SUCH A SHITTY LITTLE WIRE

Why not put a meter on that shitty little white wire and see what it has ?

And , why are you shouting at us ? :(

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

I can't do that, there's a big metal spinny thing in the way. I'll have to take the flywheel off anyways.

it's just 2 pages of cheetah and wayne arguing and no one actually trying it or reporting back if they did. I actually had the thought of using the white wire this morning and dug this thread up searching around. THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

Well , it's this evening , where you are . What did you find out ?

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

It does not work and I am disappointed

Ya i think it grounds the whole thing out cuz I just totally lost spark but when I took the brake wire out presto-chango sparks back.

This short thread might provide answer :

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?6,1771840

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Rufus Von Rieles Wrote:

> Ya i think it grounds the whole thing out cuz I just totally lost spark

> but when I took the brake wire out presto-chango sparks back.

Yeah didn't have to pull the brake levers or anything just robs the spark.

So then i wired it to use the existing light coil, and the brake light draws so much that the taillight just turns off and the head light dims.

Is there enough space to stack another coil in there? I dont think there is. I could probably just hack up the puch 12v coil to fit and then grab a new headlight bulb.

PD, i read the thread about the reactance coils. When i hook mine up i just lose spark. probably because of the shitty tiny wire.

Josiah Radebaugh /
KillMe.jpg

Alright alright... I must be an absolute moron because even after a year of off and on thinking about this... I still have no ever lovin' idea how this is supposed to give me brake lights.

The bike I originally has ran a few thousand miles now 0 problems except the lack of brake lights. The bike I just recently replaced the ignition on (the SP) has good spark, and after getting a VW condenser from O' Reillys the points aren't arching. Still runs like absolute crap though. Sometimes It wants to rev, others it just falls flat on its face if you go above 1/4 throttle. Whatever... I'll look at it this weekend.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

You will need to figure out another way to power the brake light; it doesn't work. Also that diagram makes no sense.

> DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) Wrote:

> that diagram makes no sense.

Agreed . I made a couple changes that might work . ;)

moped-pointswiring.jpg

Agreed their diagram doesn’t make any sense after looking at actual 103 wiring diagram. And there’s no space for another coil in the magneto. Problem I ran into after taking brake lights out is kill switch wire (brown), new wire added for external coil, wire for points and shitty ignition coil wire all jammed in there started rubbing inside of the flywheel causing arching and shitty performance... so I ended up ordering another condenser (internal screw top) to keep all the wires secured nicely in there.

Have considered the possibility those “combo ignition coils” sold on treats are not actually “combo” in the sense of the original oem coils that come on the 103s. And if there were some way to wire in an external ht coil in conjunction with that treats coil maybe could get brake lights back .?.?.?.?.?

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

Yeah it's pretty tight in there. My shitty white wire slipped and rubbed through on my flywheel a bit and was shorting. I put a bunch of hondabond on the wire and heatshrunk it. So far so good.

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-12-volt-light-coil-2-0-improved-version-p/puch-light-coil.htm

I am going to grab one of these. open the holes in and trim off the tall spots and stuff. I think it will fit. That will give me a separate source for brake juice and i'll swap to 12V and run a regulator for the head/tail lights.

I feel like i might as well get the cdi -___-

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account