Re: Peugeot 103 ignition upgrade.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Well uhh ok. Ok so I have the stator off and in the house cause it's raining. So do I put the black coil on like plain simple as it was? Or what?

Josiah Radebaugh /

Ok so what you're saying is take the spark wire from the black coil and run It to the condenser like the old one did? A schematic would help.

Maybe this rendition of Neil Rayburn's wiring description will help .

I believe it's correct .

Note that the pictured single wire coming from and to the stator will be split .

Any questions , just ask .

Pug 103.jpg

Josiah Radebaugh /

Ok so, Where does the wire coming from the tail lights and brake switches go on the coil? And the brown wire off the condenser goes to the kill switch?

> Josiah Radebaugh Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ok so, Where does the wire coming from the tail lights and brake

> switches go on the coil? And the brown wire off the condenser goes to

> the kill switch?

All 'returning' wires connect to the coil signal wire . There is no wire directly from coil to condenser .

Brown wire can be used for the kill switch and the feed to the tail lights and the brake switches .

Just like in my diagram .

Josiah Radebaugh /

Well where exacy do they go? What color wires go where?

Josiah Radebaugh /
youdoodle-2018-07-03T10-31-03Z.jpg
youdoodle-2018-07-03T10-32-29Z.jpg

Does the wite wire off the coil (In Blue) go to the black wire coming from the stator plate (In red)?

I might know a lot of stuff , but , I don't know what color wires go to or from anything on your bike , as a PO may or may not have rewired things . That pretty much leaves you to figure out which is which .

It's a simple thing . Just find to the 'to' wires and hook them to the condenser . Then find the 'from' wires and hook them to the signal wire on the coil . There likely won't be a return wire from the kill switch , as that simply goes to ground .

Josiah Radebaugh /

Well I'm pretty sure the previous owner didn't do much other than buy it get it to run (carb clean n' stuff), replace tires and brakes. Well Im just confused. The wire that doers to ground in the wite wire from the coil. Is it grounded to the engine or the wire heading to the brakes. Dunno I'll just screw with it.

Hope you get it running there are loads of diagrams on google/ this site

> Well I'm pretty sure the previous owner didn't do much other than buy

> it get it to run (carb clean n' stuff), replace tires and brakes. Well

> Im just confused. The wire that doers to ground in the wite wire from

> the coil. Is it grounded to the engine or the wire heading to the

> brakes. Dunno I'll just screw with it.

The whole picture can be confusing . Like taking a walk , take one step ( thing / wire ) at a time and figure where it has to go .

> Does the wite wire off the coil (In Blue) go to the black wire coming

> from the stator plate (In red)?

The black wire coming off the points and condenser would normally connect directly to the HT coil but we're going to give it the brake light and switches detour so you will tap into the black lead with two leads one that goes through the brake light switches one that goes through the brake light then these two wires will come back together and connect to the HT coils white lead I can't believe this got as confusing as it has but then again this is Moped Army .

Now when either brake is applied the switch will open the circuit and the current will then have to flow through the brake light to power the coil story over goodbye.

Josiah Radebaugh /

A picture of this would probably be all I need, not a diagram. Unless it was detailed. If I can get a good picture that'd be all I need, thanks.

> A picture of this would probably be all I need, not a diagram. Unless it

> was detailed. If I can get a good picture that'd be all I need, thanks.

You don't seem to be able to figure out one from two . What makes you think a picture is all you need . I gave you diagram with more than enough explanation .

I think you need to have your mommy read this thread and explain this to you hopefully when you're not eating your goldfish cookies and milk though.

I mean how stupid do I have to make it you seem to be a very low level simpleton.

Josiah Radebaugh /

That was actually pretty funny. You said "The pictured single wire coming from and to the stator will be split" The HT POWER lead is the spark wire right? What does the wite wire on the right of the coil do? It connects to ground right? I'm just a bit confused. Geezzz.

> That was actually pretty funny. You said "The pictured single wire

> coming from and to the stator will be split" The HT POWER lead is the

> spark wire right? What does the wite wire on the right of the coil do?

> It connects to ground right? I'm just a bit confused. Geezzz.

That's the understatement for all of humanity and time probably going back too before the dinosaurs even.

Being as there seems to be only the white wire coming out of the coil , other than the obvious HT lead , why would you think that was anything other than the signal wire ?(edited)

Josiah Radebaugh /

I don't know the electrical aspect well enough to think that definitively. I still don't have spark. Had once removed the flywheel and no longer.

If you can tie your shoes and put the twisty wire thing back on a sack of bread know how electrical wires switches and light bulbs work you shouldn't have any problem.

> I don't know the electrical aspect well enough to think that

> definitively. I still don't have spark. Had once removed the flywheel

> and no longer.

Have you tried the basics ?

With the black coil in place and the HT wire to the spark plug .

Disconnect all other wires from/to the stator , except the brown wire , which will be used to kill the motor , if you try to run it . Leave the brown wire bare ended hooked to nothing , but able to reach a good ground point . There should be no switches or tail light connected .

The white wire can be hooked to the terminal on the points , which also has a wire going to the condenser . Those should be the only wires hooked to the points . Remember , the brown wire is hooked to the condenser .

Be sure that the black wire on the condenser , the one not going to the points , is insulated from everything or remove it .

Insure the points are alcohol clean and gaped correctly and timed correctly . Insure the spark plug is thoroughly grounded . With the flywheel in place , spin the crankshaft . Hopefully you should see a fat blue/whitish spark .

Good Luck .

I suggest you give yourself an electronic edumacation.

Allaboutcircuits.Com

Josiah Radebaugh /

There! That's what what I needed ish! I had a Rickyism.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Got spark. Just gotta time it.

Finally . ;)

Josiah Radebaugh /

Turns out my new condenser from treatland had some green oxidation on the threads. Timing question; the timing mark on the rubber bit and flywheel is stock? And if you measure 18° to the right then that's an proved timing?

Unappreciated so it's best to get the little buzzit tool that goes in the spark plug hole.

The Piston should be 1.2 mmmm from reaching TDC.

Good luck it's a real bitch the first time you try to do one on a Frenchie.(edited)

Don't listen to Neil. He only has a broken AMF roadmaster that he can't fix.

He doesn't even have a French bike.

Look here for easy method

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> Don't listen to Neil. He only has a broken AMF roadmaster that he can't

> fix.

>

> He doesn't even have a French bike.

>

> Look here for easy method

Well you're still mad at me over that scene at Thanksgiving.

Hey man it's not my fault your sister always wants to bang my bones at the table with a lap dance twerk.

And my damn Pug be running but the last time I saw you and after you left I can't find my malossi cases anywhere.

Man you're such a d-bag you're borrowed a card destroyed the clutch left it in the parking lot behind stripper bar.

You owe her 375 for the clutch parts and another 450 for the impound and towing you fucker.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Aye

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account