Exhaust leaks

My bike will run decent then gradually start bogging before the pipe loosens off

Then for a split second before I shut it off it runs better with no pipe.

Clearly I don't run it like that but I'm curious

Can a small exhaust leak cause bogging and stuff up top?

It just seems like a small leak wouldn't cause it to act so funny.

Any tips?

Re: Exhaust leaks

not exactly sure you're saying your pipe regularly loosens off while riding and as it does it behaves worse? Im not sure I understand but having your pipe stay put should be your first concern...

but 2) im wondering if your pipe's just clogged. any way you could run it open header? I dunno what bike you've got - sometimes you can remove the baffle or tail setion of the pipe. it'd be loud but a good indicator of if the exhaust is restricting it.

if on the other hand it's the leak that's offending, depending on your port timing and pipe you can totally draw in some air at the exhaust and potentially lean it out a bit.

Kyle Bardell /

Port timing is good for sure

Pretty much what I'm saying is I put the pipe on and it runs decent for a little while then gradually starts running like shit then shortly after the pipe falls off

And when it does it wants to pull harder it seems like.

And this is a derestricted Moby pipe

Just wondering if exhaust leaks can cause issues with bogging

Alberto Einsteiner /

Sounds like you need hi temp zip ties.

I never had any luck with the plastic ones they always melt and things fall off like the pipe. (edited)

Kyle Bardell /

I ended up carefully welding the c clip that holds the nut on on

Weird thing is my nut isn't coming loose it's the c clip that's popping off and leaving the nut on the cylinder and my pipe on the ground lol

Alberto Einsteiner /

Pictures please your description sounds like your over medicated thank you

Cleats Onionpockets /

Pipe falls off as in falls off the bike? Clatter clatter, dammit, u-turn style? Or falls off as in you get past the expansion chamber's boost zone?

Alberto Einsteiner /

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account