Re: sachs 505 engine

Born to be WillD /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

That setscrew was a thing I came up with forever ago, because back then the thing people always talked about was how the clutch nuts always back off on kitted bikes. It's a real thing, or it can be, people were even welding the nuts on and just accepting that in a few months when the clutch was toast I dunnno? fuckit? So I just put a setscrew in there basically cuz it's way easier than a setscrew in the nut, and same effect. it worked great but anymore I'm of the opinion it's unnecessary - everything since I've just double nutted the clutch on, some brake cleaner and Loctite. no issues. or at least no issues with the nut backing off...

regarding 18, you wont mess it up. tryn tap it in to knock it a lil loose or spin it with the crank held steady. tugging on the bell behind it can help get it moving, or if all else fails grab it with vice grips and yoink. if you do damage it it'll be minor grooves and you can file it smooth again, but it's hard steel - you wont easily damage it.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account