Re: Rebuilt Magneto '78 Peugeot 103 - No Spark

Alex Wyatt /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thanks for the video. I tried it out and i got a spark, so coil is good. The multimeter I have, its lowest setting is 200 ohm so it might be why I wasn't picking anything up.

Yeah, my points are definitely opening. With the flywheel on, looking through the viewing windows I can see them open as I rotate the flywheel.

Would the wire i have running from behind the ignition coil shoe to the frame of the bike ground out the low tension power. I thought the low voltage was the power coming from the wire exiting the coil to the points. I can also double check my points to see if they could be grounding out on anything else.

I've tried kicking it over with the plug in the boot propped up with the lights off in order to try to see the spark. I've also tried pedaling.

Though at this point it has to be a grounding issue somewhere..right? since I got a spark using the battery test method provided in the video.

I also attached a pic of the flywheel. its slightly rusted on 2 of the 4 magnets.

Thanks for your help.

flywheel.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account