QT50 INTERMITTENT SPARK

jason anderson /

QT50 started right up drove around the block and it died tried to start it and it will not. The spark seams low and sometimes not at all. Any Ideas. I cleaned wire connections. If I spray brake cleaner on the spark plug it has a good spark. weird . any HELP would be cool

Re: QT50 INTERMITTENT SPARK

go buy three new spark plugs

jason anderson /

why buy 3 I cant seam to even find 1 original. checked all stores around

bm4a

> jason anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> why buy 3 I cant seam to even find 1 original. checked all stores around

>

> bm4a

Maybe you're not looking in the right places :

http://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/convert/NGK_PN/BM4A

jason anderson /

not INTERMITTENT now the spark is just very low. I tried a new coil same thing. but can't find a new spark plug the correct size

Jack Rutherford /

Charge coil (not the ignition coil) is a common problem with qt50s resulting in low spark/intermittent spark. You can replace it with a pw50 charge coil off a pw50 stator (which is like $17 on amazon or eBay). Search pasts posts and you will find this information.

jason anderson /

ok thanks jack I ordered the pw stator. so do I just flip it for the qt and solder

jason anderson /

I did run it without the battery. Is it ok to run it without the battery

Jack Rutherford /

not ok to run without battery because you may blow your headlight and tail light. Flip the pw stator and then solder just like the original. There's a picture somewhere - click that

jason anderson /

I don't have headlight or tail light. I was wondering if it will blow the charge coil. I think I read somewhere that the battery protects the coil. It did start up and run fine for 10 minutes. when I first tried.

Jack Rutherford /

batteries are so damn cheap, I wouldn't risk it. Of course, charge coils are pretty cheap too but a bit harder to replace.

jason anderson /

It's not the price the wires are missing

jason anderson /

ok maybe the wires are there. Any idea which wire goes to the positive side of the battery connect to?

jason anderson /

got the pw charge coil flipped it and it works good thanks jack

Jack Rutherford /

Sweet, just make sure that ground is connected just like the original or it'll go bad on you.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account