Re: Fa50 won't fire after kickstart lock

Mike Blaser /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I'm getting good spark and when I thumb the plug hole I know the piston is moving. I took the tranny apart twice trying to get it unlocked. When I put the cover back on each time it still wouldn't kick. The only thing that worked was spinning the crank backwards on the magneto side until everything was loose and spinning smooth. I was them able to kick it over again. It's getting fuel, spark, and the reed is fine. Could i have messed up the timing putting the trans back together? i know you shouldnt have to worry about timing on this system but im stumped. I didnt get in to the clutch and crank and all that, just the kick gears and chain. I have tried using starting fluid as well and nothing. It doesn't even sound like it's close to starting. Thanks fellas.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account