Quad 50cc (minarelli horizontal) overheating issue

sieuwe elferink /

Hello Everybody

I am working on a SMC quad wich has a minarelli horizontal replica engine in it. First it was not running at all. I decided to replace the piston and cilinder. I bought a 50cc kit because that was on the side of the original cylinder. But when i took it apart the original cylinder and piston where way bigger than the 50cc kit i bought. It looked like 70/80cc. I had bought the kit already so i put it in. After messing with carberatuers for a while because it wasent running great and kept dying after a couple of seconds i got it running. Turned out the jet in the original carb was too big for this cylinder.

But now i have a problem. It keeps running really hot. And it has already died 2 times while i was riding it. One of the two times it became stuck. Had to kick it really hard to get it loose again.

What i have tried is changing the mixture because it could be to lean. But i have changed the jet already from 54 to 64 and also to 75. With 64 it runs but not stationary and with 75 it will start but die after a couple of seconds. The original carb had a 74 jet inside it

I have read the spark plug and it is looking very nice coffee brown with no white spots in it.

Can someone help me?

Greetings

Sieuwe

You must log in before posting to this forum.

Click here to login.