Need Compression Info.

Mike Turner /

After about 4 years of setting I can't get my 2009 Tomos Revival running, probably because of the Ethanol gas. I did a basic clean of the carburetor but still no luck. Before I start spending money on it to buy a new battery and carburetor I want to do a compression check to make sure it is worth spending money on. The question is does anyone know what the compression psi for that Tomos A55 engine should be? All I've found so far is different answers. Thanks in advance for the help. And NO I'm not going to sell it cheap. LOL

Re: Need Compression Info.

FINALLY a poster older than me! LOL! Hi,Mike! Well, the compression is fine if it's over 110. Sitting that long, it may just be a piece of varnish in the jet or a bad spark plug.

Make sure you're getting fuel flow into the float bowl and put a strand of wire thru that main jet. don-ohio (:^)

Mike Turner /

Thanks Don for your input. 110 psi was the number I was leaning toward and I'm glad to hear you confirm it. I have a idea the gas might not be getting in the carburetor bowl but I'll have to completely disconnect the carburetor for a complete cleaning. It has that oil injection line hooked to it so that's why I haven't done it yet, because I didn't want to destroy it. Time to suck it up and Git-R-Done. Glad I found a source of Ethanol Free gas. Yes your right I am older but still young at heart. The reason the moped set is because i finally got my motorcycle license and a motorcycle so I could take these Endless Mountains FASTER. LOL Thanks Don

Where are you getting ethanol-free gas?

I keep a qt of premix ethanol free gas in my saddle bag for emergencies. I get it at home depot but its expensive. But lasts forever if unopened.

> Rob Policastro Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Where are you getting ethanol-free gas?

>

> I keep a qt of premix ethanol free gas in my saddle bag for emergencies.

> I get it at home depot but its expensive. But lasts forever if

> unopened.

This might help :

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Mike Turner /

Hey thanks for posting the link on Ethanol free gas locations, I'm sure it may help lots of people. I've been using the stuff for a couple years now in all my carburetor engines even though it is all Super grade and expensive. I haven't had a problem with carburetors since. All I want to do is Ride Captain Ride. LOL

"upon your mystery ship."

Mike Turner /

In the warmer weather it is my 250 Yamaha Virago 70MPG but I just bought a Coleman Mini Bike for Hot Doggin on my back woods trails!

Man I musta been drunk when I saw this thread back in 2017!

Check your closest marina! Marine fuel is ethanol free!!

Crack your own ethanol free fuel by putting a quart of water into your gas can, when you fill the can give it a shake then let it settle, the water will overwhelm the alky and crack it from the gas. Water is heavier than gas so it will sink to the bottom of the gas can. Just make sure when you decant the fuel into our bike you do not pour the water portion into your tank, or decant it into a second can to make sure. (edited)

Is ethanol the only water soluble additive in gas?

Cause, you know, maybe I could drink the decanted liquor of petrol.

Couldn’t be much harder than this...

6EAE3926-236F-46F7-9FB2-014A6E169AD0.jpeg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account