Re: Probably ruined my new 78 Pinto, but in what way...?

Mike Boyd /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> DPC Ryan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Try to condense things man, I look at a wall of text and just move on.

I dunno man, I like a good back story sometimes when the poster makes the effort for punctuation and grammar.

I agree with some of these other responses:

Check fuel flow from petcock and venting from gas cap. Sounds sort of like a fuel starvation problem. That or the main jet got clogged with rust or sediment from the tank. Remove the carb for cleaning and check the fuel in the float bowl for signs of rust or dirt.

If you don't trust the gas that's in there just drain the whole tank and replace with premix. If you drain in a clear container you'll be able to get a sense if the fuel has a lot of rust particulate in it. Is there an inline fuel filter? Add one if not. High octane should not be a problem.

Best bet would be to pop off the top end for inspection and to replace all the gaskets for peace of mind. But if you don't have time/tools then at least run the usual air leak tests to rule those out as well.

Good luck!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account