Need some Qt50 rear end help!

I am having some trouble removing the hexagon nut that holds in the pinion and pinion bearing. It is the nut that requires a special tool to remove. I have been attempting to remove it with the back end of a spark socket but cant get it to budge. My main question is, is this nut reverse threaded or is it just extremely hard to remove. Thanks in advance

1502318999531478196539.jpg

Re: Need some Qt50 rear end help!

Jack Rutherford /

You just need the right tool. Look on eBay for those bearings and the seller includes the tool.

link (edited)

i drilled out the thread of a nut that fit in nicely an used a socket on the nut to undo mine, with that said yours is very rusty compared to mine, i would hit it with some penetrating fluid for a few days.

Never seen one that rusty...

Feel like i should resolve the thread, had to put the case horizontal in a vice with wood blocks to protect it from harm. I than fit a socket on to the back end of a double sided shower valve (purchased at harbor freight) that fit perfectly into the the heaxagon screw. It took a 4 foot breaker bar and a good amount of force to bust it loose. For the record, final drive heaxagon screw is right hand thread and transmission end hexagon screw is reverse thread.

Jack Rutherford /

Thanks. I'll be doing this in the future so very helpful.

jayson sumpter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Never seen one that rusty...

Boat anchor

underwater-motorbike.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account