Suzuki Fa50 60cc kit issue

Hey all put a 60cc lot on this bad boy she does at high speed just cuts out. Have a MLM performance pipe but didn't do shit to carb ideas? Sounds like a loud knocking then stops

Re: Suzuki Fa50 60cc kit issue

So 60cc kit MLM pipe .....and stock carb with stock jetting?......hold on there cowboy....go into the wiki and check out the tuner spread sheet get your jetting correct

image.png

....there is literally only one FA50 set up listed on there ( in the Other category) so ....toss a bigger carb on it and dial in the jetting and add your set up ....fastest FA in the world....

Yo but what can I do with this stock carb? Shit is fast....

What main jet are you running? Have you checked the timing? Only times i ever had an issue where it would just cut out was when my coil wire was unplugging and another time when the fuel flow was slow so i would run out of fuel on full speed blasts at WOT for awhile....

That sound you hear when the motor is failing is what a soft seize sounds like...temp gauge is a must and don't ride it until you up-jet....everytime you do that causes damage...

Your gonna burn all your shit up real soon if you haven't already unless you time that carb with a larger jet. And be real, it's an fa50, it's not really fast.

DPC Ryan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Your gonna burn all your shit up real soon if you

> haven't already unless you time that carb with a

> larger jet. And be real, it's an fa50, it's not

> really fast.

2 strokes run fastest and the best right before they blow up.

My phone loves to make zero sense "time carb"? *Tune.

Jack Rutherford /

Yeah, it gave me pause but i went with it.

SO upjetted from stock 77.5 main jet to and 82 main jet and I still having the same issue. When it gets going good all of a sudden it cuts out. What jet? Too hot?wtf?

Jack Rutherford /

So pipe and kit and now a 6% increase in main jet size.

I had a yamahopper that did the same thing after similar upgrades.

I would suggest the following:

1. Take your head off and take a look at the piston and cylinder and make sure you didn't damage it. Move the piston up and down with the kickstart and see if there is any scoring on the cylinder. Or take the jug off too to get a better look.

2. A 10% jet size increase from stock may be more accurate.

3. The crank bearing seals were both bad on my hopper. The left side seal had oil on the outside of the seal which meant both were bad. (Oil is on the right side of the engine so if it traveled all the way across . . . ) I changed them both. If those seals are bad they will let in air - changing your fuel/air mixture to very lean. My theory is - at full throttle, those bad seals will let in so much air that you basically run out of gas and your fa50 dies. I assume yours is cutting out soon after getting to top speed at full throttle?

Would be glad to here others' opinions on my theory.

cool ill try that the seals are cheap 10% larger jet is what size? what about side jet?

I love these dead threads.

Where did you end up bro ?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account