Re: Honda P50 owners I could use some help (plug chop)

Mark Booth /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Here is the update.

It was 55 degrees 2 days ago and I took a long ride and kept making adjustments to the carb. I did a long run at full speed and it will clear out and wants to stay running smooth so it must be something else. Maybe a short intermittent in the ignition system.

Today there is 2 inches of snow on the ground and it does not look like it will warm up till Spring so I will winterize it and put it away for the Winter. I think this Winter I will order the better PC50 Valve Springs and install them for better top end. It will be safer too I am told. And could be the cause of the miss fire too. The Valve Springs are so weak you can install them with your finger.

If anyone has a chance to see what they have in their carb just to lay this to rest I would appreciate knowing the Main Jet size you are running.

Here is the plug after a long full speed run for those that are interested. I think it looks just right.

P1010015.JPG
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account