Motobecane 50V ignition guts.

Tony Fernandez /

My 1979 50v does not have a condenser in the fly wheel area. Is there

another location ? Can anyone help? She starts then cuts out.....the carb is a new Delorto and the spark is fine.....please help.

Re: Motobecane 50V ignition guts.

Buck Wogers (OFMC) /

It is mounted to the back side of the plate...kind of a small plastic squarish thing

Buck Wogers (OFMC) /

If it isn't back firing or missing, I doubt it is your condenser though. more likely dirty points or a loose wire

Tony Fernandez /

Thanks for the reply Buck.....where would I buy the new squarish condenser?

Tony Fernandez /

Also Buck, I did mount a delorto carb on the bike and I did not use the long pipe that I've seen used..........I mounted it close like the original Gurtner...could this be a problem?

Rusty Bykes (OFMC) /

There is a groung strap near the head, it attaches to the engine pivot bolt. Move the grounding point to the frame instead. like where the coil mounts. My 79 was cutting out and in the dark you could se sparks at this ground strap. A poor location for a engine ground if you ask me. Run it from a head nut to the coil mount.

Rusty.

Get a GM-Delco condenser for a 1960s GM 6 cylinder and mount that at the external coil, wire it into the grey wire. Disconnect the old condenser.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account