RE: za50 engine repair, think i found the problem: thoughts?

so as it turns out from my initial post today, if i revved the engine while idling into 2nd gear it would initiate the back wheel spinning, however, it made a god awful noise. sounding like something inside the engine was wobbling around.

i started taking it apart again, im thinking that the clutches need to be replaced? seems like the first gear clutch doesnt work, and the second gear clutch is almost gone. these are all the original parts. anyone have anymore thoughts? thanks!

Re: RE: za50 engine repair, think i found the problem: thoughts?

Probably Fred /
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

We told you already that you probably put the rollers in wrong, you have to bend the clip back then put the roller in not just shove the roller in,

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /
image.jpg

Noah Roscoe /

this za has never been opened though. its completely stock and not rebuilt. never even opened before now.

Noah Roscoe /

looking at this, when i opened it, they seemed to just fall out when i got the nut off. maybe it was opened before i got to the engine? its possible, seems sort of unlikely but maybe. the thing is, i had it running just fine the first time i started it. and then the second time i started it, it was acting weird and not running the first and second gear properly.

put the rollers in right. Try again. The two other posters are correct.

Seems more likely that your clutches are wearing out to me since you say it hasn't been opened before. Post pics of clutches.

Bad Cadillac™ /

I'd do both, install the rollers right and replace the clutches while you got it apart. Then you'll know where you stand. (edited)

buy treats clutch and flip second and add magic tranny oil

Also have you replaced the pucks yet? I can't remember if you mentioned that

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account