Puch Maxi Exhaust pipe problems

I just bought a new boss exhaust pipe from treatland for my puch maxi sport Mk 2 but a nut for the tire and brakes in the back are jamming up against where it should go. It can't fit properly on the head because of this, so i can't use it. if you know what to do, id really appreciate some help. Thanks

IMG_2777.JPG

Re: Puch Maxi Exhaust pipe problems

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Cheetahchrome has a saying,

If the part fits, it's not a moped part.

Get a round file, and figure it out,

Probably Fred /

Open up header holes and gasket holes a tad and it will allow you to move pipe out some away from axle nut and space with a few washers from mount.

So many people buy Boss pipes as they do look great...But...For low-end torque/power...NOT....The Tecno-circuit or Tecno-estoril are the pipes that have the low-end that so many people want and/or need...

Probably Fred /

Bobby S. Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So many people buy Boss pipes as they do look

> great...But...For low-end

> torque/power...NOT....The Tecno-circuit or

> Tecno-estoril are the pipes that have the low-end

> that so many people want and/or need...

Cut the welds where header goes to chamber, remove/cut the few inches of header pipe that's sticking into chamber and reweld it makes the boss a better pipe but ya circuit or estroil pipe is better.

I had an almost similar problem, and it just barely fit.

I pulled the pipe over slightly and put it in front of the bracket holder. It fits pretty tight but gives enough room around the end axel nut.

It looks like yours is placed behind it.

line it up, don't tighten it down, pull it over. Tighten it down. Make sure you have a good gasket.

"a nut for the tire and brakes"

Ethan Brady /

Do you recommend putting it in font or keeping it behind the bracket holder? And if i pull it that hard it won't be lined up with the head

http://garage.1977mopeds.com/build/Crimson+Ghost

Here's a view of mine, it sits on the outside and doesn't come up to the rear axel.

Maybe your shocks are too long. Can you adjust them?

Metal is flexible.

I lined up the header to the two exhaust studs, and adjusted it accordingly on the bracket while it sits there. Put the screw in on the bracket to hold it, when you get it where you want it, not touching the axel.

Then you torque down on the exhaust studs, and the bracket accordingly.

This is how I installed it. Did I explain clearly? Maybe I can try to word it differently if not.

Mine wanted to go behind the bracket holder, but I just bent it slightly to sit in front of the bracket.

Ethan Brady /

Ok I think I mostly understand. Did you bend the bracket holder or something else?

Mine wasn't as far off as yours looks. I pushed the bracket back, and slipped the pipe into the front. It pushed really hard against it, and you may have trouble lining it up.

I'm not sure if it supposed to be behind it or in front, I just found what worked for me.

Maybe you can throw a few washers on there to help space it out.

John Joedicke /

Make a spacer, don't flex/stress the cylinder. Once lined up tighten down, head first.

Ethan Brady /

Im sorry but what do you mean spacer

SPACER.jpg

Spacer goes between frame and pipe bracket on the outside... (not on the inside)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account