Minarelli V1 External Condenser Wiring

john cervini /

I'm going to be putting an external condenser on due to weak spark. How would I run the wires for a V1? Thanks

Re: Minarelli V1 External Condenser Wiring

john cervini /

NM I figured it out

Hey there,

this was two years ago but I'm struggling with the same thing as you and was wondering if you figured it out

thanks

More like 3.5 years ago ... But , good luck , anyway . ;)

BTW , run the wire the same as any other externally mounted condenser .

What's the struggle ? You know where the condenser is mounted and connected internally . Just that the condenser is placed differently . The connections are the same .

agh yeah I was just wondering how to send the red and yellow wires outwards then. also I'm confused by the 2 wires on external condensers vs the soldered head of moped condensers. I'm just really bad at wiring, I can follow a diagram but I really don't know anything about electronics otherwise(edited)

That plugs to your extrrnal coil,not the one behind the flywheel..just unplug the wire to the coil and plug the spade to the coil then plug the blade in to the wire your unplugged at the coil ..make sure to ground the condensor on a screw or bolt

Easiest installation would be to use one of the mounting bolts or studs for the external coil to mount the condenser to the bike. If you have a bonding wire for the ground at the coil put that with the condenser mount on the same fastener.

You can trim the condenser's pigtail to fit. Splice it together with the wire that comes from your points where it goes into the external coil.

If your external coil has the DIN numbers marked on the terminals make sure you attach the pigtail/points wire to the #1 terminal. The #15 goes to the ground. Switching those two terminals backwards will result in a feeble spark.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account