Suzuki FA50 - Hot wire?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Alright guys i got this beater FA50 that hasnt breathed life in years. I have everything i need to make it run but the key for the ignition. Anyone know what wires to connect from the ignition to give this thing spark?

Backround - 1982 Suzuki FA50. Has CDI ignition. Ummm what else do you need to know?

Re: Suzuki FA50 - Hot wire?

"ON"

red+orange and yellow+green (fa50 "x" and fa50m "x")

red+orange and yellow+gray (fa50z and fa50d)

Jimmy Cincinnati /

thanks josiah,

I tried that but still no luck. Ive been looking at a wire diagram but its a bit beyond me. There are 4 wires that go into the cdi and from what i can tell the black/red and black/white are from the pick-up.

Any ideas?

> Josiah McCoy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> "ON"

>

> red+orange and yellow+green (fa50 "x" and fa50m "x")

>

> red+orange and yellow+gray (fa50z and fa50d)

so do i just tie these wires together

Maybe this diagram will help :

josh faykosh /

Just disconnect your ignition lock cylinder from your harness and you will have spark.

when the key is in the "off" position it grounds out the ignition system so if you unplug it then it should start given that all the other components are working proper. I had 3 of these mopeds (now 2) and one didn't have a key. if you do this the engine will run but your lights wont work. just hope your kill switch by the throttle works. be the only way to kill the engine unless you want to grab onto the spark plug boot while its running lol and i don't recommend that

What is an ignition lock cylinder?

I'm having the same issue, except I just have no ignition switch at all! Lol, are you saying that, if nothings plugged into the ignition switch port, it'll just spark?

That^ wiring diagram shows what has to be done for the motor to run .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account