PLEASE HELP! PUCH STARTS BUT ONLY GOES 2 mph

So I finally got my puch maxi started for the first time since I got it. It started up fine and sounded ok but once i got to the street I noticed that it wouldn't go more than about 2 mph. Sadly this isn't the first time I've encountered this problem, I had a rusty pacer last summer that had this same problem I wrestled with the moped for about 3 weeks and I finally got it ripping after I changed the jet. I then let the moped sit while on vacation and when I came back I rode it for 20 min before it broke down. I tried everything to fix it, I checked for air leaks, changed the piston that had scrapes on it (soft seize), rejetted it and nothing worked. I got so fed up I ended up selling it :'(((, and bought this puch. I would bring it to lucky2strokes but I don't have anyway to get it there. Please any piece of advice would really help ALL I WANNA DO IS RIDE!!

Re: PLEASE HELP! PUCH STARTS BUT ONLY GOES 2 mph

Justin Andreotti /

Have you checked your fuel flow? if its not getting enough or if the carb is dirty it could not be getting enough gasoline

Probably Fred /

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Fred%27s_Guide

Servicing the magneto including cleaning points, point cam, lubing, setting timing, cleaning The fuel system including petcock fuel line, fuel filters, banjo filter, carburetor and jet is needed too.

After all that is done selecting the correct jet and making adjustments to the needle it is what is needed for correct air fuel mixture depending on your pipe or filter either if it's performance or stock.

I do this to all my new to me used bikes and othere things like Service the brakes, wheels, chain, steering, switches, lights, etc. etc. it don't take long with simple tools maybe a few specially tools like a flywheel remover, feeler gauge, 12.00 timing light, socket set. wrenches.

Just getting running without doing all what I say is dumb/asking for problems

ok thanks for the response I have cleaned the carb, cleaned points, new condenser, and added a filter. I would also add that it has a race clutch, proma pipe, and a 35 jet, that seems odd

Probably Fred /

Mike Ripem Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ok thanks for the response I have cleaned the

> carb, cleaned points, new condenser, and added a

> filter. I would also add that it has a race

> clutch, proma pipe, and a 35 jet, that seems odd

What carb do you have would take a small 35 main jet?

That could be your problem

its a 15 mm bing what size and needle height would you recommend

Probably Fred /

Mike Ripem Wrote:

> ok thanks for the response I have cleaned the

> carb, cleaned points, new condenser, and added a

> filter. I would also add that it has a race

> clutch, proma pipe, and a 35 jet, that seems odd

i think you sent a blank response

ephraim zimbalist jr /

probably decided not to finish response in mid stream.....35 main jet?Maybe some dumbass put a 35 in.

Dirty30 Dillon /

35 is about 43 sizes too small

That can't be right, maybe it's a really dirty "85". Odd size bing jets only hit treats a few months ago so it'll probably worth it to take another look and make sure that is really what it is..

A 60s and 70s range of jets will help you dial it in, probably low 70s with a 15 bing.

Do they even make a 35 jet?

Probably Fred /

Joshua Teodoro Wrote:

> Do they even make a 35 jet?

No

sorry for the bad estimate its actually a 50 jet im gonna try to get my hands on some 60's or 70's and give it a shot

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account