Weird issue with A35 clutch maybe not sure

It never did this before, but my sprint is freaking out oddly. I just fixed any compression issues and put in a new plug. the carb is more than likely fine since I have only ridden about 50 miles since I cleaned it lase. the bike has about 7250 miles on it with what I think is the original clutch. The idle and start up are completely fine but once I go up hill it loses all power and barely moves as well as struggles changing gear. I have some shit gas but that did not seem to affect it since I made it two miles before it had to completely cool down before starting again. it does not seize though.

Re: Weird issue with A35 clutch maybe not sure

I need help

Sounds like a fuel issue. Make sure the gas cap is venting. You know check one thing at a time. Good fuel flow to the carburetor? Is the gas old smelling, weird colored or does it have debris in it? Clean the carb out well. etc.

I just did a plug chop and the thing came out bone white. I warmed it up, adjusted idle and everything. I've got the 70cc with a 16.16 carb #83 jet with hi-flo air filter but stock pipe. Should I put on the metal mesh screen filter instead or what?

If the plug is completely white you may be running dangerously lean, check for air leaks asap and if you have no leaks then upjet and see if that helps. I had a stock A35 that had an air leak, it got insanely hot and started slowing down when going up hills like you are describing. It ran hot but ok on flat ground because of the wind blowing over the cooling fins, then started to overheat and run like complete shit when going up hills or cruising slowly because of the lack of wind

That helps a lot actually. The jet is huge so I think I'll put in new gaskets and try it again. Thanks

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account