urban Express idle still going crazy...NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Ok, this idle issue is driving me crazy!!!!! I have a urban express with 300 miles. It starts fine and idles fine, but the very minute I touch the throttle, it idles up and stays up until I kill the switch. I have check for air leaks and have none. I have cleaned the auto choke. It looks spotless. The auto choke appears to be working. When it is cold you can feel the air being sucked in from the bystarter, once it warms up the bystarter stops sucking air. I have cleaned the carb twice..it is spotless from what I can tell. The pilot and idle jets are clear. I have checked the reeds, they are fine. The slide is not stuck. I have put the needle on the first, second and third notch trying that. I have played with the air mixture screw per the manual, it is round 2 to 2.5 with no change. The only thing missing from the bike is the airfilter box, would that be causing all of this??? I have not found a replacement yet.

Re: urban Express idle still going crazy...NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Overpriced Parts /

Yes Air filter box is a restrictor and could be needed for correct air/fuel mixture. Get one and put it on and see if it still does it.

It's the auto chocke acting up that's why I took mines off and it never acted up again. It's a very easy fix on the carb hook up hose 4 to the in take port on hose 1. Then on the carb cap off vaccume 2. Try that and see how it idels. Good luck and let me know how it went if it runs and idels good take the by starter off and the control box for the auto choke and sell it and let someone else deal with that head ache those auto choke are always a pain

Also make sure you installed the throttle slide in properly the beveled side needs to be face towards the breather port if not it will be on full throttle

ok ill try this evening and update you....but wont the slide only go in one way?? ill check it

No it can go in back wards but like I said it will be on full throttle good luck hope you getter running like a Honda should make sure bevel end is facing breather port if it is then I'm gonna call faulty auto choke causing a air leak Let me know what you find out

I figured it out!! I was bored so I thought I would upgrade the belt to a BX31. When I took the side cover off, it was full of oil and junk. I thought no big deal. I cleaned it all up and wanted to see how the new belt worked. The Express would not start at all. It finally started and I noticed fuel/oil mixture coming out the crank shaft seal!! Problem found! New seal on order. Thats been my whole problem all along.

Awesome I'm glad you got it back running thnx for the update .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account