Interchangeable stator and flywheel for minarelli v1

Mornin',

I am new to this whole moped thing (well, mechanical-thing in general) and I want to remove and replace the stator plate that is currently on my Minarelli v1 50cc. It currently has a 80 mm Bosch flywheel on it. I can't seem to find any Bosch flywheels or stator plates to replace the one currently on my bike. There seems to be a lot of CEV stators and flywheels out on the market though. Would a CEV stator be okay to use along with my 80 mm Bosch flywheel? What if i replaced the whole shebang? Stator and flywheel, with a CEV setup? Would it be compatible with my crankshaft and current setup, which is the Bosch?

Thanks for your help yinz guys.

Re: Interchangeable stator and flywheel for minarelli v1

the bosch v1 magneto and stator is a bit rarer then the cev.. commonly found on v1's. why do you want to change to bosch?

I don't want to change the flywheel to the bosch, I want to see if I can change FROM the bosch TO the CEV. Do you think that would be okay?

thanks for the response.

Why replace the flywheel? They pretty much never go bad unless they sit under water or you hit them with a hammer.

I guess i just want to replace the stator plate, condensor, points, coils, etc because they are old and rusty. I can't find a bosch stator plate, but i can find CEV stator plates. will the bosch flywheel be compatible with the CEV stator plate and other fixin's on the plate? I just figured if I would be able to replace the Bosch stator with a CEV stator, then I would need the CEV flywheel aswell. Is this right?

I don't think they are interchangeable/compatible. Maybe try a Pietcard CDI conversion if the light coil works?

simon thokaar /

Generically i would say it doesnt work. But it might depend on which model of Bosch you have. One of my v1's was missing its ignition parts so i tried to use an old Bosch setup i had from a batavus. The stator fit fine, but the magneto itself wouldnt fit on the shaft. You will need to look at model numbers and compare dimensions to see if it will fit.

You might just need a new bosch points set and condenser. If the coils are shorted or the cores are delaminating you might be able to swap other bosch coils onto your existing stator plate and reuse the flywheel.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account