electral down.. help please

So i was messing with flywheel magneto thing the other day (just spinned it because i was curious I'm stupid i know) and now my i have no power. so yesterday i moved it to a certain spot trying to fix it and then it started working again BUT now its not working and i can't figure the whole thing out. do i need to time it or what? please help!

Re: electral down.. help please

What moped is this on?

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

................and what other electrical modifications have you done?,................

It's a tomos silver billet 1979

No modifications just horn tail light and headlight also not kicking over thst well

<No modifications just horn tail light and headlight > is that what you modified or just not working because that's it. Check output from stator and check ground. Brake light is on a separate circuit, does it work?

Well I just turned the flywheel and everything came on again. My head light is really dull so I'm going to change the bulb and see if that works. I'm assuming the power is timed with motor but I messed it up .

Power/light coil is not timed with motor. Flywheel should be keyed to shaft for ignition timing. make sure bulb matches voltage

Put a new bulb in and it's bright again! In saying the flywheel must be timed or on a certain position because once i moved it it stopes working the. I messed with it again and it's back on

Flywheel should be keyed to shaft for ignition timing.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account