A55 Tomos lower protector location

Austin Berkebile /

My chain came off and destroyed the magneto cover of my Tomos LX. I've gotten new parts but can't figure out where my lower protector 239968 belongs.

Lower Protector.jpg
Magneto cover.jpg

Re: A55 Tomos lower protector location

Austin Berkebile /

Got it. The metal Lower Protector needs to insert into the groove where the oil lines go and the tab inserts where the lines exit to the oiler pump. Once the lower is installed the upper protector can be slid in over it to keep it in place. The old protector did not just "slide" into the groove though. I had to sand down the casting a bit and also took a bit off the edge of the lower protector so I wouldn't have to "wedge" it in place and stress the casting and risk causing a stress crack. We took the screw out of the oiler and let the oil gravity feed back into the oiler reinserted the screw and it's back to running great and auto oiling again. I hope this helps if anyone else has this issue. The case around the chain broke because the chain had 2500 miles on it and stretched to the point it came off the drive sprocket. Replaced both sprockets and got a new chain.

Re: A55 Tomos lower protector location

Owen Genovese /

Do you think you could post a pic of what it all looks like attatched. I'd really appreciate it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account